Nov 13, 2012

October

Look how lives change from one day to another.

From summer love to winter cancer
we have slowly been eating life's little ice cream
while it's been rapidly melting away.

I want to write
but my brain has gone to sleep.

I walk around with my heart on my eyes.

I open my mouth to speak but only spiralling bats fly out
and away
with that fluttering silent murmurur.

My love for you is untainted but tinged with
an underlying sadness,
like the soggy base of an otherwise perfect cake.

Nowadays, the dreamy thought of you intersperses
my dark thoughts,
like a shining ray piercing
through stormy clouds.

But soon, it struggles and flickers and shies
behind the greys
when the storm collects its horrible troops again.


For days I sit in my room while it closes in:
I push the walls apart.

In the darkness, I balance on a tightrope
with clumsy feet,
between life and joy and hope
and a plunge into despair.


I push the rug apart and reveal the water.

I take a dive in this ocean of pain
and fish out my emotions.
I draw them out and up to the light
and look at their glistening scales.
I see them struggling for air
and for water.

I hang some to cut up and eat and assimilate later.
I throw some back to grow a bit more.

Look how they change from one day to another.

1 comment:

  1. ΤΟ ΑΙΩΝΙΟ ΣΤΟΙΧΗΜΑ

    1

    Ότι μια μέρα θα δαγκάσεις μες στο νέο λεμόνι
    και θ' αποδεσμεύσεις
    τεράστιες ποσότητες ήλιου από μέσα του.

    2

    Ότι όλα τα ρεύματα των θαλασσών
    άξαφνα φωτισμένα θα σε δείξουν
    ν' ανεβάζεις τη θύελλα στο ηθικό επίπεδο.

    3

    Ότι και μες στο θάνατό σου πάλι θα 'σαι
    σαν το νερό στον ήλιο
    που γίνεται ψυχρό από ένστικτο.

    4

    Ότι θα κατηχηθείς απ' τα πουλιά
    κι ένα φύλλωμα λέξεων θα σε ντύσει
    ελληνικά να μοιάζεις αήττητη.

    5

    Ότι μια σταλαγματιά θ' αποκορυφωθεί
    ανεπαίσθητα στα τσίνορα σου
    πέρ' απ' τον πόνο και μετά πολύ το δάκρυ.

    6

    Ότι όλη του κόσμου η απονιά θα γίνει πέτρα
    ηγεμονικά να καθίσεις
    μ' ένα πουλί πειθήνιο στην παλάμη σου.

    7

    Ότι μόνη σου τέλος θ' αρμοστείς
    αργά στο μεγαλείο
    της ανατολής και του ηλιοβασιλέματος.

    (Ο. Ελύτης, Μαρία Νεφέλη)

    ReplyDelete